Whether your home office is a separate room in your home or a space in another area, like the living room or bedroom, for example, implementing innovative storage solutions that empower you to get more from your available storage space is essential. At Lifestyle Wardrobes in Wangara, Perth, we offer home-based professionals an exceptional selection of custom designed storage cupboards that are perfect for making the most of small spaces and look stylish in all home office environments.
To give you a few ideas with regard to what can be achieved with the right storage solution design and high-quality materials, here we look at innovative storage solutions for all home office spaces.
Floor to Ceiling Storage Solutions
Whether your home office occupies a small or large room in your home, floor to ceiling storage solutions enable you to maximise storage space along the wall while minimising the floor space occupied. This not only enables you to store more on the wall with a configuration of shelves, drawers and cupboards to meet your work life and storage requirements, it also enables you to access what you need easily and keep your immediate workspace free of clutter.
You could incorporate a charging station if you have a lot of digital devices such as cameras, laptops, tablets and smartphones that you require for work, as well as incorporate the desk into the design if you don’t want to have a freestanding work desk separate from the storage space. Moreover, you also have the option of incorporating a standing desk into the design which has many benefits for home-based professionals who spend a lot of time on the computer and lead a rather sedentary life.
There are many excellent advantages to implementing floor to ceiling home office storage solutions in your home office, regardless of the size of the space, such as:
- Floor to ceiling storage maximises the use of wall space while minimising floor space
- A variety of configurations can be implemented using cupboards, drawers and shelves
- These innovative storage solutions help to keep workstations free of clutter and mess
Moreover, floor to ceiling storage solutions can be incorporated into any home office space whether a wall niche or right across the breadth of a wall, therefore, stretching from wall to wall and floor to ceiling. And when custom-built by our experienced cabinet makers using premium-quality materials and your choice of colours and finishes, you can rest assured that such a storage solution won’t only help to make your working day more productive but will also add value to your home.
Built-In Home Office Spaces Complete with Storage
For home-based professionals residing in apartments or small homes, transforming a wall niche, large closet, or even a wardrobe in one of the bedrooms, into a home office complete with inventive storage is an option which many find ideal for their work needs. Naturally, a certain amount of space is required for such a project as you’ll need to work comfortably, though if you have sufficient space, a built-in office can be made with innovative storage solutions customisable to meet your storage needs.
These would include combinations of shelves and drawers with your choice of finish to create the perfect home office environment in a small space. And with doors that would enclose the space from the main area of the room, perhaps sliding doors for convenience as well as aesthetics, the office space wouldn’t be noticeable when the doors are closed. That would enable you to have an office in your living room that wouldn’t prove a visual distraction when you’re relaxing watching TV.
Designing a Home Office Storage Solution
Our designers will be with you every step of the way when creating your new home office storage space, one which increases your productivity levels and keeps your workspace neat and organised. However, it’s important that you have a firm understanding of what you want to achieve with the storage solution implemented. Before arranging a time for a free measure and quote of the intended space, it’s advisable that you give thought to the following:
- The layout of the home office – In most home offices in which the workspace occupies an entire room, there are usually two walls which will be suitable for implementing a storage solution. Consider how you want this space to be laid out so that it doesn’t hinder foot traffic or restrict access to the windows, door, etc.
- The configuration of the storage space – As there are so many ways in which a custom-designed storage cupboard can be configured, it’s recommended that you think about this in relation to what you will store and what you need to access regularly, occasionally, etc.
- The aesthetics of the storage solution implemented – Consider not only the configuration of cupboards, drawers and shelving but also the materials used and the colours, finishes and other aesthetic considerations. We offer you a comprehensive selection of styling options.
- The size of the wall niche or closet space – If you’re considering creating a built-in office in a wall niche or closet space (an option for many people due to the design of their home) make sure that there’s sufficient space for your workstation as well as storage. While built-in office spaces have a lot to offer, having adequate room for your work activities is vitally important.
When you have a clear idea of what you want from your space, get in touch and we’ll arrange a time for a free measure and quote and you can discuss your ideas with our designers. This is a great opportunity for you to discuss your ideas and requirements with a specialist and have a look at the different products that we have available for you to select from.
We look forward to helping you get more from your home office space with an innovative storage solution that enables you to work more efficiently and productively, so please don’t hesitate to contact Lifestyle Wardrobes to learn more about what we can offer you.